Friday, August 7, 2009

NATC Day 1: Amenities

I must admit, this entry may be less about the conference and its goings on and more about my fascination with our hotel room.  If you know me (it's Nicole), you know that I love to travel, and this is one of the reasons why.

   

One of the most exciting things for me abaout any trip is getting to stay in new and exciting places, the Miyako hotel does not disappoint.  If you know me, you also know that I have a fascination with photographing interesting signs.  In this realm, too, the Miyako hotel does not disappoint.  Let me tell you what awaited us!


We have your obligatory two beds, a night stand, a desk, a coffee maker, etc.  But the bathroom, oh the bathroom.  We have a BIDET!  Yes folks, I never knew that a toilet could be so complicated.  The picture shows the daunting controls that await you on a modern bidet.  I suggest those trying one for the first time to make sure that the water temperature is not all the way on cold.  Use your imagination.  And, like any good Japanese appliance/fixture, it comes with friendly little pictures under the toilet seat warning you not to tug on hoses or splash water on the seat.  This picture shows my favorite piece of advice.  You should know if you have sensitive skin.  Proceed wisely.


That's all for now, I promise I/we will write more about yesterday's leadership forum, welcome reception, and all the friends we have seen.  For now, yummy Japanese baked goods await us in Little Tokyo.


—Nicole

No comments: